Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Labs for switching




Ok practice makes perfect.
Almost all of the Material that Juniper gives in the LABs is very badly explained.
So you will have to make your own material using theirs as a base.


To be honest I tried labbing most of the items here.
The SRX however does not behave like an MX.
So barring access to an MX, you will not be able to lab the Switching part.
You will also run into difficulties with the MPLS labs.

You can lab the Routing part as these are routing protocols.

The Juniper Partner portal has an online virtuallabs
however it is set up to follow like a parrot and is not useful for beginners.



I passed the Exam barely.
Since I can't afford $30K worth of Demo equipment.
I will be sticking to the other tracks.

Good luck on the exam.
My material is in the rest of the blog.
Study the appendixes in the books too. Especially ISIS.





No comments:

Post a Comment